The Great Indoors: Make Tiny Tube Trees
Before you begin
- Ask everyone to collect cardboard tubes at home – you need enough for everyone to have one each.
- You may want to collect fallen tree material (such as leaves) for people to add to their drawings.
Talk about trees
- Everyone should head outdoors – you could do this activity at the park, or as part of a camp or hike.
- Everyone should gather in an area with a variety of trees.
- The person leading the activity should help everyone think about the trees around them, including what they look like, what colours they are, and how they change with the seasons. They should ask some questions, so everyone can think on their own then share their ideas with the person next to them.
The Scouts have pulled together some inspired indoor activity ideas to keep kids entertained while schools are closed due to coronavirus. Keep your kids learning new skills and having fun (and avoid hearing ‘I’m bored’ every 30 seconds) all in #TheGreatIndoors.