#itsgreatoutthere grants
terms & conditions

1. Applications

1.1. By applying for an It’s Great Out There Coalition (hereafter ‘the Coalition) grant, the applicant agrees to have read and understood, and to be bound by, the following Terms and Conditions.

1.2. Applications are open to every organisation serving a non-profit purpose within the European Geographical Area; the applicant is expected to be able to prove the not for profit status at any stage upon request by the Coalition;

1.3. Applications are made exclusively using the online form on the Coalition website;

1.4. Applications include a realistic yearly budget specifying the amount of funding requested taking into account the maximum of €5.000 per application.

1.5. The application deadline will be 31st March 2020.

1.6. A confirmation e-mail will be sent immediately upon successful receipt of the application; The Coalition will not accept any liability for late or lost applications however delivered failing this confirmation;

1.7. All applicants will receive notification via e-mail of the status of their application within 7 days after the application deadline.

2. Selection Process

2.1. The Coalition Board will assign a Grant Selection Committee among the Board members consisting of three (3) persons to review all applications;

2.2. The Grant Selection Committee will determine whether submitted applications meet the Eligibility Criteria, will score each application on a scale from 1 to 10 (10 being the highest possible score) on basis of the Selection Criteria, will create a shortlist of applications aligned with the number of funded projects and the grants budget set by the Coalition Board for the project referencing period and will determine the maximum grant for each shortlisted application;

2.3. Applications having the highest Committee and score will be attributed funding until the budget for the referencing period has been spent;

3. Eligibility and Selection Criteria

3.1. Eligibility criteria:

a. Not-for-profit nature of the project;

b. Both the applicant organization and the project take place in European Geographical Area;

c. Non-discriminatory nature of the project;

d. Acceptance of Grant Terms & Conditions;

e. Fully completed application;

f. Not previously shortlisted or awarded funding with the same project;

3.2. Selection criteria:

a. Diversity, inclusivity and (in)activity level of the target group;

b. Alignment with the vision and mission of the It’s Great Out There Coalition;

c. Quality potential (long-term) impact of the project and it’s results on a local level;

d. Aims of the project align with Outdoor Activity Days objectives to activate sustainably, inclusively and responsibly and to educate participants on the importance of physical activity for physical and mental health and wellbeing, and the importance of responsible behaviour in nature for its conservation;

e. Innovative aspects of the project;

f. Geographical spread of funded projects;

g. Other partnerships, or other methods leveraging and enhancing the impact of the project;

4.Rights and duties of applicants and grant recipients

4.1. Applicants and grant recipients confirm that the details of the application are non-confidential and that the Coalition may copy and distribute the particulars of the applications and the applicants (and any part thereof) for all reasonable purposes associated with the goals of the Coalition.

4.2. Grant recipients will inform the Coalition of all project highlights to allow communications coverage and will provide high quality communication materials to the Coalition for this purpose including but not limited to photo’s, video’s, testimonials and written reports.

4.3. Grant recipients will submit a ‘Final Report’ within 30 days after the project has ended; Where no ending date exists for the project, the Final Report is to be provided to cover a period of one (1) year of activities;

5. Receiving the money

5.1. Upon selection, the applicant will receive 80% of the grant; the remaining 20% is provided upon filing the ‘Final Report’;

5.2. The applicant has the right to request the full grant amount to be provided prior to the start project where they argue post-financing would damage the project outcomes;

5.3. The grant is wired via Bank Transfer to the grant recipient account upon receipt of a valid invoice from the grant recipient; The Bank Account must be listed to the grant recipient organisation;

6. Conflicts, complaints and grievances

Any grievances or complaints concerning the Coalition Grants can be brought before the Coalition Board including but not limited to the composition of the selection committee, the selection process, grants payment and/or advertisement and communications around grant projects.